THE FOLLOWING IS A FISHING RULE CHANGE NOTICE FROM THE WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND WILDLIFE
Action: Anglers are required to release all wild Chinook.
Effective date: Nov. 5 through Nov. 30, 2021.
Species affected: Chinook salmon.
• Quillayute River (Clallam Co.), from Olympic National Park Boundary upstream to confluence of Bogachiel and Sol Duc rivers.
• Sol Duc River (Clallam Co.), from mouth to the concrete pump station at Sol Duc Hatchery.
• Dickey River (Clallam Co.), from Olympic National Park boundary upstream to the confluence of the East and West Forks.
• Bogachiel River (Clallam Co.), from mouth to Hwy 101 Bridge.
• Calawah River (Clallam Co.), from the mouth to Hwy 101 Bridge.
Reason for action: In-season data indicates that wild fall Chinook salmon in the Quillayute watershed are returning well below the pre-season forecast. To meet conservation guidelines and ensure that the minimum spawner escapement goal of 3,000 is met, non-retention of wild Chinook is being required.
Additional information: Permanent regulations include release wild coho and only one single-point barbless hook allowed.
Please see the Washington Sport Fishing Rules pamphlet for additional rules, or visit the WDFW website at https://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/regulations and continue to check for emergency regulations in the affected area.