White Bear Lake, MN
– Wildlife Forever is proud to release the 2020 Clean Drain Dry Initiative® annual accomplishment report. Through media outreach, communications marketing, and community engagement, the public awareness campaign has generated over 85 million impressions in 2020. Invasive species threaten fishing, boating, and outdoor recreation. Implementing consistent best practices empowers users to prevent the spread.
Ensuring biodiversity and the integrity of our public lands and waters is a national priority. Recreational users are the backbone to preventing the spread of invasives. They also play a critical role in demanding that state and federal agencies, including industry stakeholders, invest in education and tools to do the job,” said Pat Conzemius, President and CEO of Wildlife Forever.
2020 Highlights Include:
- $1.1 million invested in invasive species prevention by pooling funds and coordinating cost-saving services.
- Drain Dry public service announcement (PSA) targeted at recreationists using non-motorized watercraft reaching 23 million impressions.
- Trash Unused Bait! Asian Carp prevention campaign reaching 5.5 million impressions.
- Hunting/Fishing magazines and State Regulation book print media campaign generating 9.5 million impressions.
Targeted marketing and consistent messaging are key elements ensuring Clean Drain Dry communications are relevant to stakeholders and recreational users. Wildlife Forever, government organizations, industry leaders, state agencies, and local groups collaborated to stop the spread of invasive species. Read the full 2020 Accomplishment Report here: https://bit.ly/3v9GswL
“The Clean Drain Dry Initiative network of partners grew again in 2020 despite the challenges we faced due to COVID. I want to thank each and every partner who dedicated their time and resources toward this effort,” said Dane Huinker, Conservation Program Manager. “With significant increases in outdoor recreation, together we engaged many first-time users and reached an even broader audience.”
Planning for the 2021 season is underway now. Please call Wildlife Forever for campaign services and information on available education and outreach resources. Since 2006, the Clean Drain Dry Initiative has invested over $13 million dollars to coordinate the national campaign to educate outdoor recreational users on how to prevent the spread of invasive species. Strategic communications, marketing, outreach and educational services provide access to consistent messaging and tailored AIS prevention planning. To learn about services, contact Dane Huinker: DHuinker@WildlifeForever.org or visit www.CleanDrainDry.org
About Wildlife Forever: Our mission is to conserve America’s wildlife heritage through conservation education, preservation of habitat and management of fish and wildlife. Wildlife Forever is a 501c3 non-profit dedicated to investing resources on the ground. Recent audits reveal that 94% of every dollar supports our award-winning conservation programs. Please, Join Today and learn more about the Fish Art Contest®, Clean Drain Dry Initiative™ and Prairie City USA® at www.WildlifeForever.org