2022 Seattle Boat Show Fishing Seminars Announced; Online Option
THE FOLLOWING IS A PRESS RELEASE FROM THE SEATTLE BOAT SHOW
For anyone who has ever said, ‘the fishing was good, it was the catching that was bad’, there is help on the way! The Seattle Boat Show, presented by Union Marine, is back in person, February 4-12, 2022 and with a stellar lineup of free in-person fishing, crabbing and shrimping seminars. There is no better way for an angler to improve his or her success on the water than investing in an hour or two at one of the show’s seminars. New for 2022, is an online option in addition to the in-person seminars.
All in-person seminars take place at Lumen Field Event Center and are open to all show attendees on a first-come basis until seating is full. Attendees who can’t make all the in-person seminars on their list, or wish to revisit a favorite seminar, can watch the complete library of nine show days’ worth of boating and fishing seminars from the comfort of home for three months post-show. The $99 dollar seminar ticket package includes multi-day admission to the show (a $36 value) and a boatload of goodies, including a copy of the Waggoner Guide.
Boat Show U classes will be offered as online webinars and are available to watch live (online only) during the show or on-demand until May 15, 2022 with a seminar package ticket. This is an incredible value add to the ticket as Boat Show U courses were previously $55 each.
The fishing, crabbing and shrimping seminar topics are as diverse as the fishing option in Washington state and include:
● Successful Puget Sound Shrimping
● How to Maximize Marine Electronics to Locate Fish
● How to Find Tuna
● Downrigger Fishing for Salmon
● Dungeness Crabbing Curriculum
● Bring your Boat to Central Washington for Fantastic Fishing
● Salmon Fishing the Coast & Puget Sound
● Lingcod Fishing in the San Juan Islands
● Fish Mapping
● San Juan Island Shrimping: Spot the Spots!
● Halibut Fishing Marine Areas 6 & 7
● Dirty Downrigger Tricks
● Albacore Basics: The Addiction Begins
● Advanced Albacore: The Addiction is Real
● Saltwater Structure Strategies
● Catching Large Halibut and Lingcod
● Tuna Tackle and Tactics
● Triple Threat Salmon Angling
● Kayak Fishing in the PNW for the Multi-Species Angler
● Learn How to Drift Mooch for Salmon Puget Sound Style
● Deep Water Salmon Trolling
● Squidding in Seattle by Boat
● Top Bets for Catching Coastal Salmon
Anglers should not overlook the boating seminars as many, while not specifically about fishing, will be sure to add to your knowledge and enjoyment on the water, including:
● Borders, Marinas, and Destinations – How PNW Boating Has Changed for 2022
● PNW Hazards & NWS Marine Forecasts
● Tides and Currents in the Salish Sea
● Radio Basics for Boats: VHF, AIS, SSB, MOB and PLB Demystified
Also new for 2022, the on-water portion of the show will no longer be at Chandler’s Cove and will be held at the Port of Seattle’s Bell Harbor Marina, making visiting both locations much more convenient for showgoers. Bell Harbor Marina is less than two miles from Lumen Field so attendees will spend less time in transit between the two locations and have more time for cruising the show. A free shuttle will run continuously between both locations.
Single day ticket: $18
Multi- day ticket: $36
Seminar ticket: $99
The seminar ticket comes with a boatload of goodies:
● Access to all Boat Show U webinars
● BoatUS Basic Membership ($25 value)
● Waggoner 2022 Cruising Guide ($40 value)
● Multi-day ticket ($36 value)
The Seattle Boat Show is presented by Union Marine.
For information about exhibitors and a complete schedule of fishing and boating seminars and Boat Show U please visit www.SeattleBoatShow.com
Note: The show will be adhering to all State and local Covid-19 protocols