THE FOLLOWING IS A PRESS RELEASE FROM THE WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND WILDLIFE
Several roads and campgrounds on Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) wildlife areas in Okanogan County are closed due to flooding.
Areas closed to motor vehicles to protect public safety and prevent further damage are posted with signs and will remain closed until conditions improve, said Justin Haug, WDFW Sinlahekin Wildlife Area manager. More rain is expected in the area this week, he said, so the closures are in effect indefinitely.
Closed areas on the Sinlahekin Wildlife Area are:
- Sinlahekin Road from Reflection Pond to Blue Lake
- Fish Lake West and Southwest Campground
- Sinlahekin Creek Campground
- Southeast Forde Lake Campground
- Reflection Pond Campground
- Conners Lake Campground
On the Methow Wildlife Area, access to Beaver Creek Campground and Campbell Lake is limited to the route via Lester Road. Brandon Troyer, WDFW Methow Wildlife Area manager, said recreationists should watch for posted signs about motor vehicle closures at:
- Bear Creek #2 (also known as Lower Bear Creek) Campground
- Cougar Lake Campground
Closed areas on the Scotch Creek Wildlife Area are:
- Hess Lake Road
- Parking lot for the Coulee Creek Trailhead