THE FOLLOWING IS A PRESS RELEASE FROM THE OREGON STATE POLICE FISH AND WILDLIFE DIVISION
On December 6, 2018, an Oregon State Police Fish and Wildlife Trooper from the Roseburg Area Command responded to the report of a poaching and trespassing incident that occurred on December 5, 2018, in the Drain area.
Investigation revealed that a large black tail buck deer was shot within feet of a residence in Drain. The event was captured on the home security system. With assistance from the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office, subjects of interest was identified.
On December 14, 2018, Troopers and Sheriff’s Deputies contacted the subjects of interest at their residence. The antlers and head for a 4X3 black tail deer were recovered The meat that was recovered from a butcher shop will be donated to a charity.
Trent M. Tinnes (25) of Drain was lodged at the Douglas County Jail for:
- Unlawful Take of Buck Deer: Prohibited Method ( rifle during archery season)
- Unlawful Take of Buck Deer: Prohibited Weapon ( .17 Caliber Rifle)
- Unlawful Take of Buck Deer: Prohibited Hours
- Hunting While in Violation of Criminal Trespass
- Criminal Trespass with a Firearm
- Recklessly Endangering Another Person x 2
Travis D. Tinnes (21) of Drain was criminally cited and released for:
- Aiding/ Counseling in a Wildlife Offense
- Driving While Suspended Misdemeanor