THE FOLLOWING IS A PRESS RELEASE FROM THE OREGON STATE POLICE FISH AND WILDLIFE DIVISION
On November 17, 2019 at approximately 1:30 P.M. the Oregon State Police received a complaint regarding a buck deer shot unlawfully with a rifle and left to waste in the area of Swamp Mountain, this is approximately 10 miles east of Sweet Home.
The witness observed two adult subjects in a newer, bright red, Chevrolet pickup (attached picture is similar) operating on commercial timber property when one subject shot the buck deer with a rifle from the cab of the pickup. The vehicle left the area after learning the witness observed the illegal activity.
Identifying features regarding the vehicle:
· bright red paint
· black wheels with lower profile / wide tires
· loud exhaust
· crew cab / 4-door
· dark tinted windows
· tube-style steps or nerf bars
· slight lift or leveled front end
· white sticker in the upper portion of windshield with 6-characters, possibly “OREGON”
· small green and white or blue and white, square sticker in lower right corner of back window