THE FOLLOWING IS A PRESS RELEASE FROM THE OREGON DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND WILDLIFE
The Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife is hosting a series of town hall meetings around the state in April to gather public input on the agency’s proposed 2019-21 budget.
The proposed budget, which is being developed by ODFW and an external budget advisory committee, will be presented for review and comment at the meetings listed below taking place in Bend, Klamath Falls, La Grande, Medford, North Bend, Newport, Portland and Tillamook.
“This is a great opportunity for us to meet with our constituents and get their feedback,” said Curt Melcher, ODFW director. “I encourage folks to attend, meet with our staff and learn more about our funding proposals to manage Oregon’s fish and wildlife.”
No major changes to the budget or new fee increases are proposed, though ODFW is discussing the feasibility of eliminating an already planned and approved fee increase set to take effect in 2020.
Public comments will be used to help refine the budget before it is presented to the Oregon Fish and Wildlife Commission on June 7 in Baker City. Once a proposed budget is approved by the Commission, it will be submitted to the Governor for her consideration. The budget will ultimately be determined by the 2019 Legislature.
All meetings will be held from 7-8:30 p.m.
· La Grande, Monday, April 2, Blue Mountain Conference Center, 404 12th Street.
· Bend, Tuesday, April 3, Central Oregon Community College, Boyle Education Bldg, Rm 155, 2600 NW College Way
· Klamath Falls, Wednesday, April 4, Oregon Institute of Technology, College Union Bldg, Mt Baily Room, 3201 Campus Drive
· North Bend, Monday, April 9, Public Library, 1800 Sherman Ave
· Newport, Tuesday, April 10, Hallmark Resort, 744 SW Elizabeth St
· Tillamook, Wednesday, April 11, County Library, 1716 3rd Street
· Portland, Thursday, April 12, Doubletree Inn (Lloyd Center), 1000 NE Multnomah Street
Comments on the agency proposed budget can also be submitted through May 1 by email to ODFW.TownHallComments@